If the cutout from the factory latch on your RV’s door is too large for the RVLock wireless handle this is the solution you need!
Why I created the RVLock Adapter Plates
After I purchased the Compact Latch from RVLock I discovered the hole in my Cougar’s door wasn’t completely covered by the wireless latch. I contacted RVLock and found out that they did not have a solution for these larger latch cutouts. The customer service representative that I spoke with suggested contacting a local machine shop to make an adapter shim. It just happened that I work at Logan Machine Company in Akron, Ohio, so I designed my own adapter plates. The adapter plates I used to install my RV latches are laser cut from stainless steel to cover the factory opening and match the shape of the Compact and Mechanical RVLocks.
After posting a review of the RVLock and my solution to installing it, I have been contacted by many RV owners with the same problem and have built adapter for the full line of RVLock keyless latches. If you would like to purchase an adapter for your RV use the order form below.
All RVLock Adapters come as a pair. You will receive 2 stainless steel adapter plates, 1 for the exterior and 1 for the interior of your door.
Adapters are available for the following RVLock Models
- V4.0 Latch
- Compact Latch
- Mechanical Latch
- Class A/C Motorhome Latch
RVLock Adapter Features
- Covers larger opening from existing latch
- Made from corrosion resistant Stainless Steel
- Looks great and matches shape of RVLock
- Can be painted
- Easy to install
RVLock Adapter Dimensions
Below you can find the dimensions for each of the standard adapter plates as well as the maximum cutout size they will cover.
If you need something larger or aren’t sure if this will cover the opening in your door please contact me and I will help you determine if a standard adapter will work or if you will need a custom plate. Use this Contact Form to send your information.
RVLock Adapter Plate Options
Painted Adapter Plates
While the stainless steel material looks great and will never corrode, you can order your adapter plate with a black or white painted finish to match your RV. There is an additional $10 charge for painted adapter plates.
Custom Adapter Plates
If you need a custom adapter plate, there will be a $15 design fee. Use the Contact Form to start the process of designing your custom adapter plate. After receiving your information I will reach out to get pictures and dimensions of your existing door and latch.
Dimensions and Ordering
RVLock V4.0 Adapter
RVLock Compact Adapter
RVLock Class C/A Adapter
RVLock Mechanical Adapter
RVLock Adapter Installation Process
The RVLock and adapter plate can be installed by 1 person, but it may be helpful to have someone to help hold things in place while the lock is installed.
- Remove existing latch by removing striker screws then interior screws.
- Test fit latch with adapter plate.
- Install adapter plate onto RVLock Latch.
- Install latch and adapter into door.
- Check fit of striker into opening on side of door.
- Test fit interior part of latch to see if interior adapter plate is needed
- Remove latch and adapter plate.
- Apply small bead 1/16” of 100% silicone around latch opening on door. Bead should be close enough to be completely covered by adapter plate.
- Install Latch and adapter back into door pressing firmly to flatten silicone caulking. Be careful not to slide the adapter plate too much or the calking may be spread too thin.
- If needed place the interior adapter plate in position.
- Continue installation connecting cables and installing screws per the instructions provided with your Latch.
RVLock Adapter Plate FAQs
- Why is silicone used instead of a gasket?
- The adapter plate adds thickness between the door and latch, a rubber gasket would add even more distance. Silicone caulk will provide a watertight seal and doesn’t increase the distance between the door and latch.
- How long will it take to get my adapters?
- Usually standard adapter orders will ship in 5 business days or less. Custom orders will be shipped with 5 business days of approval of design. All orders are shipped via USPS Priority Mail and should arrive in 2-3 business days after shipment.
Customer Photos and Testimonials
I just wanted to send you a quick note to say I received the shims you sent me and they look absolutely awesome! They looked nice in your video, but they’re even more impressive to see in person; quality stuff for sure … Thanks again for making such fine product and for the quick shipping.Sincerely, Joe S